Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to footer



The Fullerton College football team remained on course at home Saturday cruising past Cerritos College 35-25 in an SCFA Central Division game.

Ranked No. 1 in the state and No. 2 in the nation, the Hornets kept their undefeated streak intact at 26 straight wins shutting down the Falcon's potent running attack. Coming into the game, Cerritos averaged 279.6 yards on the ground (2nd in state), but the Fullerton defense only allowed them 106 total yards. The defense also pinned their ears back sacking the Falcon's quarterback 9 times.

The Hornets jumped on Cerritos early scoring three unanswered touchdowns in the first quarter. In their first drive, FC went 57 yards in six plays scoring a TD on a 23-yard run up the middle by QB Gresch Jensen (Corey Lewis PAT Kick was good). On their second drive, Jensen hit Jawaun Johnson from 10-yards out. After an interception by Hornet defensive back Troy Lefeged, the Hornets went up 21-0 with 4:11 left in the first quarter when QB Quinn Commans rushed up the middle for a 4-yard score. Setting up the score on the previous play, Commans threw the ball to Markelle Raymond for a 31-yard gain.

At the start of the second quarter, FC went up 28-0 on another run up the middle by Jensen from the four-yard line. 

The Falcons got on the board at 7:56 in the second when Etieni Valele rushed for a 2 yard touchdown going on a fourth and goal attempt.

With 4:01 left in the first half, the Hornets scored their final touchdown of the game on a 1-yard run by Eric Graham

Up 35-7 at the start of the second half, Fullerton's offense kicked into cruise control, and the Falcons took advantage scoring on a 30-yard field goal by Leonard Arzt at 6:05. Falcon quarterback Isaiah Bravo then struck Carl Odom for a 7-yard touchdown with 2:01 left in the third. 

The Hornet offense continued to sputter, and again, Cerritos took advantage late in the fourth quarter when Odom ran the ball in from 9-yards out. The Falcons went for two and converted on a pass from Bravo to Jeremy Haywood.

With 18 seconds left in the game and the score at 35-25, the Falcons executed an onside kick successfully. On their first play from the Fullerton 49-yardline, Bravo was sacked by FC's Ryan Simpson. The last second ticked away and Fullerton walked away victorious. 

Up Next: The Hornets (7-0 overall, 2-0 Central Division) have a bye next Saturday but will be back in action on Saturday, October 27th when they host San Diego Mesa College. Kickoff is at 1:00 pm. Come on out and support your Hornets!

Like us on Facebook!